Monday, April 19, 2010

In transit

So I am a couple of days behind in the blogs. Part of that is because I am tired from all the walking and so on. Plus when you get behind it takes a while to catch up.

So where we left off last entry I had failed to make Mt Sinai again, and had gone to bed tired, sore and disappointed. So I wake up the next morning a little less tired. Breakfast at 8am and we leave at 9am. And now we must make the long trek from Sinai to Petra. If you check the map you will get an idea of the distance that needs to be covered. We were supposed to take the fast ferry bu for some reason it was not running that day. So through the border posts we go. Got some great photo's at the Israeli border. Had Internet access for the short hop from Taba to Eilat to Aquaba. There I wrote AND posted one blog entry. The border crossings went very smoothly. Now we are in Jordan. Bought a DVD of Petra at the border. Saved $5 on the price. Am not complaining. Will have to wait till I get back to see if it was worth it. Discovered that my gps does not work in Jordan either. So had to depend on the old fasioned way. At least the maps were still there. Just had trouble figuring out where on the map I was. :) Finally got to the Petra Palace Hotel at 6pm.


Had supper at 6:30pm and it was fairly decent. Particularly liked the chicken :) after that it was a interesting theological discussion at the pool and then off to bed.

Not much to relate as most of the day was spent sleeping on a bus!

The next day was Petra and there is much to tell! :)


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: